Fuljifilm has done phenomenally well in the last few years. The cameras launched by the Japanese company have created a buzz in the market previously and yet again it has spread a wave of excitement among the fans by announcing Fuji X-E2. It is undoubtedly a highly anticipated camera this season. It has many unique features for which it is looked forward to in the market. One of them is its interchangeable lens camera. It is one of the first cameras with this feature in the market.
Another striking feature of this camera is its fast AF speed, which is calculated at 0.08 seconds. The other cameras with 4/3 inch sensors or larger are not any closer to Fuji X-E2 in terms of AF speed.
According to the company, Fuji X-E2 endorses a fast processor in the form of EXR Processor II. The speed of this processor has been doubled by the company in order to work out the AF speed. The EXR Processor II of this camera can retrieve info from over 100,000 phase detection pixels that are available in the sensor of the camera.
There is a special attention being laid for capturing dark scenes and low contrast subjects. The company has embedded a hybrid AF system in the camera that synchronizes phase detection AF with contrast AF in order to help click good quality pictures in the dark schedule. Not only this, the snapping capacity of this camera has been taken notches higher with the 16.3 Megapixel APS C-Sized CMOS II Sensor. This camera has been equipped with original filter array, hence removing the need for optical low pass.
Fuji X-E2 has also been provided the Lens Modulation Optimiser, which makes sure that there is no diffraction blur while clicking the picture with stopped down aperture. The RAW development feature present in the camera enables the user to convert the raw files into JPEG format without the access to a computer. A full HD video is shot by X-E2 up to 60 fps and the smoothness of the video is made sure with the AF tracking performance in movie mode.
Specs of Fuji X-E2:
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- Original colour filter array to control moiré and false color
- EXR Processor II
- FUJIFILM X Lens mount
- Lens Modulation Optimiser for improved image quality
- Extra high resolution 2.36 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- ±3 Exposure Compensation dial
- 3-inch (1.04 million dot) premium clear LCD (High contrast, High Brightness and Wide viewing angle)
- Built-in pop-up Flash (hotshoe attachment also available for external flash)
- ISO 200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto (max range of ISO400-6400 when using ISO Auto)
- AF speed 0.08sec*2
- Q (quick) button to easily access shooting menu settings
- In-camera RAW converter
- Film simulation modes (Velvia, ASTIA, PROVIA, Monochrome, Sepia, Pro Neg.Std & Pro Neg.Hi)
- Artistic features inc. Multiple exposure, Panoramic shooting, and 8 Art filter effects
- Selection of Bracketing functions (AE / ISO / Dynamic Range & Film Simulation)
- Full HD Movie
- Microphone/shutter release input (Φ 2.5mm)
- Approx. 350 shots per battery charge